A large portion of the funds raised is spent on the spay and neuter program and the remainder will be spent on the care of our rescued cats and kittens until they are placed in loving homes or for the remainder of their lives.
The Walk/Run takes place at:
Middlesex Community College,
100 Training Hill Rd, Middletown, CT (Upper Parking Lot)
Date: August 22, 2020
Check in: Arrive and register between 8:30AM and 10AM, then immediately begin your walk/run!
NEW THIS YEAR – VIRTUAL WALK! Anyone can participate in the Cat Tales 2020 Virtual Cat Walk. Just set up your fundraising page and begin collecting pledges. Form a team with family and friends no matter where they live. Complete the 2.2 mile walk where you live, on your favorite walking path or hiking trail on a date of your choice – on or before August 22. Don’t forget to take photos and send them to Cat Tales to include on our Facebook page.
We thank you for supporting this fundraiser and hope for your continued support.
Without you and our volunteers, we could not fulfill our mission.
If you are interested in participating in this event please register here and a packet will be mailed to you.
If you are interested in sponsoring someone for this event please click here.
- COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS: Please bring a mask to wear and socially distance yourself. We will also have sanitizer available as well. We can still get out in nature, enjoy the fresh air, exercise and be social in a responsible way!
- How long is the trail? 2.2 miles for walkers & 2.2 miles for runners or you can run it twice at 4.4 miles
- Are there restrooms? Yes, Located next to the parking lot.
- What should I wear? Something comfortable including sneakers. Part of the trail is asphalt, the other is dirt.
- What if I need to stop walking or running due to medical issues? Cat Tales will be there to assist you. There are volunteers driving the trail to check up on the walkers/runners. We can transport you back to the parking lot if needed.
- Can I bring my pet? Yes, dogs are welcome to walk/run with you. They must be on a leash at all times. Water bowls will be available along the walk.
- Are the donations from sponsors tax free? Yes, Cat Tales is a 501(c)3 organization. If a sponsor/donor would like a receipt they can email their request to Cat Tales at info@CatTalesCT.org, after their donation has been made.
- Who can sponsor me? Anyone and Everyone… Friends/Co-workers/Family
- How does someone sponsor me? They can donate via this link – CLICK HERE (credit card) or they can give checks or cash directly to the registered walker/runner. (Checks payable to Cat Tales)
- What happens to the donations if I cannot attend the walk/run? They will go to the Cat Tales as intended.